|Get it?! Link?! Haha! Hey guys wait! Don't click aw-|
Everyone likes a link day. You get a lot to read, and I have next to nothing to write. A win-win situation for all of us avoiding work.
- Can't stand hearing a favourite song in a commercial? Me either. It's not that I'm a pretentious dick, it's that the next time I put on, say, Morning Benders, I'm going to think of goddam Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And also, I'm a pretentious dick. Music for Kids Who Can't Read Good does a roundup of our latest beloved songs to be ruined by commercials (though somehow misses this Edward Sharpe sale which all but broke my heart)
- A Rolling Stones Monopoly exists and there is no way I can describe it as well as this guy, so just head on over to Electric Comic Book and have a laugh there.
- Want to see Small Black make haunting videos in a gorgeous, abandoned NYC building? Of course you do. And The Gothamist knows it
- Hard Candy Music gets some studio footage to go with the first track from the upcoming Adele album. Actual video out in December.
- Hipster Tracks: What's that? You're not gonna click because of the name? That just makes you more of a hipster, you know.
- Fell In Love With A Drummer claims to have a "french, new-wave Bob Dylan" from the vault? Sure, why not. Bonus points for the "Jon Stewart's Rally to Restore Sanity" reference.
- Girls' upcoming Broken Dreams Club gets a solid 9.0/10.0 review from Obscure Sound. And they don't give those nines out to everybody. Just most people.