BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Boss Stuff on the Interwebs: Wednesday Links 16/02/11


  • Weezer just covered the State Farm jingle. I don't think this is to sell out, so much as it is to rile up a bunch of nervous hipsters and watch them unravel. Like a sweater. (See what I did there?) (Stereogum)
  • The Brit Awards  happened again: Rihanna beat Robyn, Tinie Tempah beat The Xx, and Justin Bieber beat The National. Also Take That apparently hasn't yet been struck down by sweet justice.  Are you sure you even want to look? (Spinner
  • The Grammys managed to be a little hipper. A little. Summary at Play On Daily.
  • Growing up, while my friends all cooed over Courtney Love, I thought Melissa Auf der Maur was the coolest chick alive. Guess which one of us is still right? Bearly Rambling validates me after a decade and a half.
  • PJ Harvey streamed an entire concert live, and you can watch it in its entirety at Their Bated Breath.
  • Two very romantic phrases for this Valentines week: "I Remember" and "The Morning After Pills". Yeasayer's new video for the former can be found at the latter.
  • As if the French needed help being moody, Sonic Youth is writing and recording the (francophone) soundtrack for a new French film. Both the songs and the movie trailer are thumbs up. See and hear at Sonic Masala.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, and you are correct Melissa Auf der Maur still is the coolest chick alive.
    I freaked when I saw your link to PJ Harvey, but sadly the suits beat me to it and they have taken it down.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...