BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, February 18, 2011

Radiohead Release a Day Early. Millions Freakout. Mr Shuffleupagus Shrugs.

Radiohead announced early this week that they were going to release their new album, The King of Limbs, this Saturday, February 19th. Instead, they released it today, just because Radiohead has a long history of doing things that would typically delight fans and piss off record companies, and I've always liked that about them.


Now I know that a lot of people are excited about this, but I have a confession that no music blogger should ever make: I haven't been a huge Radiohead fan since Kid A. That's the truth, and feel free to freak the fuck out in the comments section over it. I rank their early albums among some of the greatest in my music collection, and they were beyond pivotal in my musical coming of age. But at a very clear point Radiohead got so into the "aural landscapes" that they forgot about the "melodies" we plebians might enjoy. There comes a point where you've stopped making artistic music and started making noise art, which itself is a fine idea, but I'm personally not enjoying it on a musical level. 


So I wasn't even sure I would post about the new Radiohead. I didn't want to have to verbally swoon over glitches and moans that never climax or pay off. But here I am, video in tow, giving you a rundown of my fizzled Radiohead relationship. Why? Because I like the images. And because I know you all want to see it anyway. And because I know I'm still going to listen to the whole album. And because they did that very cool early release thing for everybody. These guys are nothing if not very cool. 


My thoughts on Lotus Flower? Sounds like In Rainbows. That is all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...