Still sick with the flu and drugged up like Valley of the Dolls. Be glad it's "Wednesday Links" and I can point you in the direction of coherent writing, because any minute now I'm going to down a bottle of Russian-brand Robitussin and then try to arrange a series of mirrors in a way that will make it possible to talk future Larissa into giving past Larissa lotto numbers.
Thank God it's holidays out here.
- Dave from Chromeo still teaches French part time and doesn't bat an eyelash using the word "bubbly" to discuss his music. Dave, let's hang out. Hyperbole has the interview.
- Sonic Masala reviews the new Deerhoof. He says it sounds like Deerhoof, but with more way more words and opinions than I just did. Whatever guys. Meds.
- Best Coast performs Boyfriend on Jimmy Fallon and... ehhhh, I'd think twice about clicking. That's kind of like having a really good date at a leper colony (Stereogum)
- The Onion's A.V. Club lists single songs that derailed otherwise perfect albums. I agree with Revolution 9 guys, but you're wrong as hell about Rainy Day Women #12 & 35.
- There seems to be a catty gap between those who like dubstep and those who don't. Ventomat offers Olinosterfant to try to bridge that.
- Do The Wintercoats make perfect orchestral pop? Breaking More Waves says yes.
- And someone discovered that if you put "Liz Lemon" at the beginning of a Kanye West tweet, it is going to sound like Tracy Jordan. (http://twitter.com/kanyejordan). Ha.