BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, December 31, 2010

Ashes in Your Champagne and Japanese Hendrix: Happy Year of the Rabbit

New Year's Eve is the big holiday for Russians, and the time for one of my favourite traditions. Tonight we write a wish on a piece of paper, and during the twelve strokes of midnight burn it into a glass of champagne and drink it. I genuinely look forward to this because it has been my experience that it does work. I'm not sure how, but I think it has something to do with science.

Other things New Year's Eve is not complete without?  Auld Lang Syne as performed by a Japanese Jimi Hendrix cover band:



Happy New Year to you and yours, and all the best in 2011. I don't do exclamation points, but I really, really mean it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...