|Artist's Rendering: Australian Link.|
- This week High Fidelity became my
favouriteonly means of keeping up with Australian music. Take a gander at Boy and Bear and Megan Washington, at the very least.
- When I was 16, my badassery was fairly limited to chopping off all my hair and sneaking gin. At the same age, Zoo Kid is putting out impressively mature, dark-wavy singles. Whatever. I also skipped class and made out with boys. (Thanks to guerolitomusic for this one.)
- Four artists I think you should listen to-- Shapers, La Femme, Tristen, and Pujol--are all in one post. Indie Surfer Blog just saved me a pile of writing.
- ThisBonusTrack wants you to listen to The Steelwells and it's worth a visit, if only for the super-duper video.
- The Good, The Bad, and The Unknown has their list of the 11 best Daft Punk tracks. Some things never sound old.
- Electric Comic Book reports that the outgoing Florida governor has pardoned Jim Morrison. In related news, you can now tell people that you spent some time today reading about an important legal clemency case. That should shut them up.
- And rock nyc shows what happens if you don't die before you get old. Warning: it involves making painfully crappy videos. Might be the cataract.