BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Retro Playtime: The Weathervanes and Chemicals Game is as Much Fun as the Song

When we were kids, my sisters and I didn't have a Nintendo. We really wanted one, but our older brother wouldn't let anyone touch his and our parents had deemed video games too expensive and brain-rotting.


Dangerous...

We were allowed access to the shed, however:


...totally cool

Being the resourceful tykes we were, we made a shoebox Nintendo with Smartie-box-and-string controllers, cardboard game cartridges, and even a changeable "screen". And we actually played with it for hours which is either insanely awesome or heartbreakingly sad.

What I'm getting at here is that I come from a disadvantaged home in the video games department. So of course I like Get Home--a retro 8-bit game based entirely around the song Weathervanes and Chemicals by Norway's Team Me.

Wow--It's like actually being there.
You'll need some patience because the controls are only slightly more responsive that those engineered by my sister and myself. But it's good, clean, three-button fun.

And since I love the song itself I'm going to post it for those who have no desire to play the game. If you haven't heard Weathervanes, it sounds a bit like Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Polyphonic Spree, or another band of similarly orchestral hippies. Very catchy.

Enjoy playtime.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...