BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, December 20, 2010

I Do Not Care For the Holiday Songs: The Beach House Exception to the Rule

I never like holiday music. When the holiday singles come out, I don't even bother to listen, that's how much I dislike them.

Despite my small, cold heart, I'm actually not a Grinch. I just don't believe that anyone has such strong feelings about cookies, bells, and the scent of pine that they would write about it without a paycheque. Which explains why all these songs all suck so much

But I'm willing to make an exception in the case of Beach House. First, because Teen Dream easily makes my best of 2010 list, and second because I Do Not Care for the Winter Sun is not about presents, betinseled shrubbery, or--God help us all-- boots. It sounds like something they had already written that just happened to be seasonal.

Is it a holiday song that you'll look forward to hearing every year? Nah. But it will be, by far, the least annoying song on anyone's 2010 Christmas playlist.

And in the holiday spirit of giving, Beach House wants you to download it here for free. Santariffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...